After years of service, machinery, equipment and systems may not be as efficient and safe as before,especially when there are changes in production environment or procedures. MHE-Demag offers many years of experience in the modernisation and refurbishment of material handling equipment, and extensive design expertise to modernise and refurbish your equipment and systems.
Whether your equipment and system are supplied by MHE-Demag or other companies, our certified auditors and refurbishment teams will assess and determine their current condition. We will then tailor a refurbishment solution specific to your application requirement and operation, without any obligation.
Every effort is made to plan for minimised interruption to your existing operation.We co-operate closely with you as we implement the refurbishments.You can rely on completion of scheduled as agreed, to give you the certainty of reliable planning.
Through refurbishment and modernisation, you can utilise new technical features and replace obsolete components, adapt your plant and equipment to meet changing requirements or incorporate additional functions.It can effectively add years of safe working life to your material handling equipment and systems.
- Changing components such as festoon cables, pendant switches, long travel drives and wheel blocks on MHE-Demag and non-MHE-Demag cranes
- Overhaul of crane and replacement of obsolete hoist with new Demag wire rope hoist
- Installing new pole changing motor with micro-speed to solve frequent failure due to increasing lifting requirement
- Overhaul of explosion proof cranes
Over time new equipment inevitably will age, and/or, requirements may change over the operating period with new technical solutions offer improved safety and reliability. Having said that, there are many reasons for an upgrade, even if the equipment is in perfect condition.
- Changes in operation or operational flow at an existing site may require a higher capacity. A goods hoist could be upgraded from 1500 kg to 2000 kg.After structural and functional assessment of all components, we will determine the scope of modifications, new components and reinforcements required.
- The relocation of equipment requires the dimensions to be changed. In a previous modernisation project, a crane was moved within an existing facility, which required the crane span to be increased from 18m to 20.5m, and the lifting height from 6m to 7.5m. The capacity of the crane had to remain the same. One of our objectives is to re-use as many components as possible.After a thorough structural assessment, the girders were extended and reinforced, and the wire rope was changed with a dead rope added, to allow the existing drum to be re-used.