Demag Conical Rotor Motor Type KB
- KB conical-rotor brake motor
The Demag KB conical-rotor brake motor provides you with a brake motor that utilises a unique operating principle: the brake is not separately controlled, but firmly connected to the rotor, i.e. integrated. This means that motor start-up and brake release, as well as motor switch-off and brake application, are all synchronised.
The Demag KB conical-rotor brake motor features a remarkably simple, robust and reliable brake system. It is an outstanding solution wherever demanding requirements have to be met by the brake.
- Extremely high switching frequency
- High braking energy
- Unaffected by temporary overload
- Long brake lining service life, since the heat generated by the brake is immediately dissipated
- Short overall length, since the brake disc is connected to the motor fan
- No separate control or additional switching elements required, since the brake is automatically applied and released
- No additional motor temperature rise, since a brake coil is not necessary