Spring Operated Cable Reels
Our range of spring-loaded cable reels is used to supply power to movable equipment to automatically wind flexible power or control cables (also: hoses for gases and liquids). The applications of spring loaded reels include portal and gantry cranes of all types; shipboard cranes; mobile cranes; construction cranes; loading systems; magnetic and grab cranes; electric hoists; car transfer tables; stackers; long scrapers in sewage treatment plants; coating systems; pallet systems etc.
- All cable reels correspond to VDE and accident prevention regulations.
- The slip rings are designed for 500 V (AC) and 600 V (DC) (continuous duty).
- The housings of the slip-ring bodies are encapsulated in accordance with Protection type IP 54.
- Higher protection types are available on request.
- The reels are driven by spiral leaf springs that achieve, on average, 100,000 spring cycles.
- Limit switches are available.
- The sheet-metal parts of the cable reels VLF 146 - VLF 530 are galvanised. All other reels receive one primer coat and one final layer of paint based on epoxy resin, colour blue-grey RAL 7031.
- max. travel and lift speed v = 60 m/min.
- max. travel and lift acceleration a = 0.2 m/sec2.